Welcome to The Johnson Family Blog

Welcome to Team Johnson's adventures! We hope to keep you up to date on our life & our adventures through this Blog. PLEASE leave a comment as we love to hear what you think! Thank you all!


Sunday, August 30, 2009

MN State Fair 2009

Team Johnson went to the Great Get Together, or more commonly known as the MN State Fair, on Saturday morning. Boy were we excited to get there! Myles was excited to ride the bus, and I was nervous to see if Holly would even sit calmly. Much to my surprise, she just chilled on the seat next to me for most of the bus ride. It was great! When we got there, we met up with our friends, the Murphy's. We made a bee line to the cheese curd stand, and had our fill of the tastiest little fried cheese known to man. I wait 12 months to have the only cheese curds I allow myself all year. They are the BEST!

We took the kids down the giant slide, went around on the merry go round, and let the kids go on a few rides in the kiddie midway ride area. They had a blast! We were there from 9:30 am - 2 pm, and in that time we ate/drank the following:
Cheese Curds
Beer
Cookies
Candy
Deep fried pickles
Deep fried green beans
Icee
Vanilla frozen custard
Chocolate Malt

I brought lunch for the kids so they also had PB& J and yogurt. I would say that it was a very successful trip to the Fair!


Erik & Myles on the bus heading to the State Fair


Andrea & Holly riding the bus to the Fair

Holly on one of the rides at the Fair - she went on 2 rides because it was doubly expensive for her as I had to go with her on most of them and they charge me to go on the rides. What a rip off. So Holly went on 2 rides and Myles went on 4 because he could go by himself.

It's hard to see, but Myles is on this ride - it is one where you lay down and "steer" the ship while it spins you around and goes up & down. I would have gotten sick, but Myles loved it!

There was a large Lego Tent with a bunch of lego sets put together, and also loose legos that the kids could build. Myles quickly created this little master piece and we snapped a pic. He had fun, since he LOVES Legos.

At Noon we stopped for Lunch - PB&J with yogurt for the kids, and Erik & I split the deep fried green beans and deep fried pickles. After eating, the kids kinda crashed for a bit and just laid down on the curb. They had been walking for over 2 hours by this point. :)

Holly was very interested in Erik's hat for a while, so I took the opportunity to take a quick picture of Daddy with his cute daughter!

Erik took the kids down the giant slide - they had a BLAST and wanted to go again. I tried to get good video of it, but many people got in the way. Still cute to watch!

No comments: