Welcome to The Johnson Family Blog

Welcome to Team Johnson's adventures! We hope to keep you up to date on our life & our adventures through this Blog. PLEASE leave a comment as we love to hear what you think! Thank you all!


Saturday, July 11, 2009

Two years ago...

Two years ago, my sweet little girl was born! I had the choice of 2 different dates for the c-section... either Friday the 13th or 7/11. Hmmm... either my baby would be born on a superstitious day, or on a date that sounds like the local convenience store. I chose 7/11 for the grand date. So 2 years ago, we met our little convenience store baby girl! And what a grand day that was!

As a result, we were able to celebrate her 2 year birthday today. The weather was PERFECT today -not to hot, but lots of sunshine! Holly wore her cute little sundress that she got from her daycare provider (I have since learned that the provider's 3 year old daughter actually was the one who picked out the dress!). Holly initially was not super convinced that this was the right dress for her today (basically.... this means that she totally tantrumed about me forcing the dress on her and she failed at her attempts to rip it off her little body.) Once she came around to my way of thinking, the day got off to a good start. But then I brought out the cute princess birthday hat.... and that, my friends, caused her to totally tantrum because it wouldn't really stay on her head. Finally, my brilliant husband decided to remove the hat and hide it so that we didn't have to deal with it any more. Good move Erik!

Family joined us sometime after 11:00 am for some yummy grilled cheese burgers and a bunch of side dishes. Cake was had immediately after that since Myles was totally whining about it. Next was the gift opening. Holly seemed to like everything, and played with most of it all after her nap this afternoon.

Basically, it was a wonderful 2 year birthday party, and we are so glad that people could share it with us! Thanks everyone! And we love you Holly!!!

The group singing Happy Birthday to the sweetest little girl in the world!
Here is Holly's cake - not what I initially wanted, but I couldn't get the cute little animal one b/c the store ran out of the little animal toppers. Bummer. So I ended up going with a Tinker Bell theme. Table cloth, cups, plates, napkins.... all Tinker Bell!


Just a close up of the cake topper.

So here is Holly in the really cute Princess Birthday hat - it was sooooo cute and she was really into it. I'm super bummed that it kept slipping off her head.

Holly with her cake

The best part of having a birthday, is eating the cake!

Here is Erik, our 2 kids, and Patrick & Nicole all eating cake with ice cream!

Same group, different angle - Loving the new hat honey!

Mom (Grandma), Dad (Grandpa), and Erica (Auntie)

After cake, we moved inside for the gift opening - Holly climbed up next to Patrick

Holly opening up the main gift from Erik and I ... I wonder what it is....

Oh look! Mommy got Holly a noisy, music playing, sound making Rocket from the Little Einsteins! What was I thinking!

Grandma got Holly these super funny ducky slippers. I think she will wear them every day!

Opening more gifts. This was from the Lehners - a cute dress and some awesome bugs! Always a big hit at the Johnson house!

Holly with her beloved Rocket

Holly with Grandma - so cute!

Auntie Erica hugs Holly good bye!

Mommy holding Holly - I still can't believe she is 2 years old.... feels like she was born just yesterday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Doug totally got me the same princess hat for my birthday... really!