Welcome to The Johnson Family Blog

Welcome to Team Johnson's adventures! We hope to keep you up to date on our life & our adventures through this Blog. PLEASE leave a comment as we love to hear what you think! Thank you all!


Sunday, July 19, 2009

40th Wedding Anniversary - Uncle Tim & Aunt Hilda

On Saturday evening we helped to celebrate my Uncle Tim & Aunt Hilda's 40th Wedding Anniversary! It was a wonderful event, and good to see so many people. Family came up from other states to attend, and I tried to talk to everyone (I was not successful, however)! The party was at a local park, and it was perfect! Right next to a playground so the kids could run around on it while the adults watched and talked. There was face painting, and balloon animals also for the kids. This was a very family friendly event! (you can also tell that there are more kids in the family now vs 6 years ago!) We all chatted away and anxiously awaited for the food to be ready. They had an amazing pig roast and very tasty side dishes. It was amazing! After about 3 hours, we had to take our tired & dirty kids home for a quick bath and then bed time. We were exhausted, but happy!
Happy Anniversary! We are so happy for you both!
Andrea
Tim & Hilda said a few words and got a little choked up - very sweet!

Myles getting his face paint - he was so excited to do this!

The final result - Sponge Bob on both cheeks!

Holly sat still long enough for one cute flower on her cheek.

Holly was obsessed with the balloon animals that the teens were making - she actually popped about 5 of them and thought it was super fun!

Myles played sword fight with these 2 teens - he had a blast! We considered paying them, but decided it was just good family fun for everyone.

Hmmm... Holly with more balloons.... she was obsessed with these ones as well (in fact, as I sit here making this posting, Holly is holding the balloon that she brought home. I dread the moment that it pops...)

Okay - kinda a gross picture, but I had to take this! It was a very tasty pig roast!

Here is the amazing cake that Renee made for the event. She is sooooo talented!

A great picture of my Grandma, 2 Aunts, and my Mom.

I took the opportunity to get a picture with my Mom.

Erik hanging out with my cousin Andy.

Finally, a lovely (not) self picture of Erik and I!

No comments: