Welcome to The Johnson Family Blog

Welcome to Team Johnson's adventures! We hope to keep you up to date on our life & our adventures through this Blog. PLEASE leave a comment as we love to hear what you think! Thank you all!


Monday, January 7, 2008

Late night scare with Holly

Well, Erik and I are VERY tired today. We had quite the ordeal last night. But let me back up a bit. So Myles has been sick a bit lately. This weekend he kept spiking temps, but we have been able to get them down with some meds. However, last night (Sunday) Holly woke up at 9:30 pm coughing, crying, and barely able to breath. She looked totally scared, and she looked up at me with these desperate eyes that were bulging out. Probably one of the scariest moments I've had as a parent. So we called 911 and in about 4 minutes we had the police and ambulance at our door (I was impressed by how quickly they responded!). Holly had calmed down a bit by this point but was still struggling to breath. So Holly and I rode in the ambulance to the Hospital, and Erik came after my Sister zipped over to stay home with Myles (who slept through all of this!). We made it to the hospital, and after 2 nebulizer treatments and a shot of steroids, Holly was able to breath much better. We got back to our house at 2:15 am, and I decided that I was going to lay on the floor in Holly's room right by her crib. Erik then had to get up twice with Myles as he was coughing and calling out for someone. I had to jump into action twice with Holly as she began to cry and I didn't want her to get worked up and not be able to breath. Myles then decided to get up for the day at 5:30 am. Ugh. So needless to say Erik and I are operating on about 2 hours of interrupted sleep today. I kept the kids home today and have Myles going to the doctor this afternoon to try and figure out what is wrong. Erik is trying to get of work early, and will work a bit from home (and hopefully take a nap!). I sincerely hope that we never have to experience this kind of event again! Oddly enough, while in the ambulance, I thought about having the paramedic take our picture, but thought that would be in poor taste. Plus I was so focused on Holly that it was simply a fleeting thought and then I was back to praying that Holly would be okay - which she is. We are waiting on a culture to see if she has RSV or something else. She has about a week's worth of meds that she will have to take, but that is a small price for such a scary event! Please keep us all in your prayers.
Love,
Andrea

No comments: