Welcome to The Johnson Family Blog

Welcome to Team Johnson's adventures! We hope to keep you up to date on our life & our adventures through this Blog. PLEASE leave a comment as we love to hear what you think! Thank you all!


Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Meds, Meds, and more Meds!

Well, all the little tykes are sick, but hopefully will be on the mend quickly. Both Holly and Myles have daily meds that they must take. Myles's doctor ended up putting him on a 10 day antibiotic to clear up his upper respiratory issue (he had infections in his ears, nose, and throat!). So hopefully he won't be coughing a 100 times a day. He still doesn't sleep very well. He crawled into bed with us last night and neither Erik or I noticed at first. That's how tired we were! But then he started tossing and turning and kicking us, and I had to put him back into his bed (which he wasn't to happy about). He kept trying to sneak into bed with us, and we finally settled on letting him sleep on the floor next to my side of the bed. That got us to 6:02 am.

Holly is on the mend as well, but takes her meds twice daily now. She is on an antibiotic and a steroid. She is also still coughing, but can breath - and Mommy is very happy about that! :) We are hopeful that they will be able to go to daycare tomorrow since they will have been on meds for 36+ hours by that point. But my goal today is to keep them relaxed and resting to allow their little bodies to build up more strength. I guess we'll call today a Movie, book, and coloring day!

Erik and I went to bed at 9:00 pm last night to try and get some extra sleep, and because we knew that we would be getting up with the kids in the middle of the night. Holly woke up for a bottle, and then we had Myles waking us up in our bed, so we were very grateful that we went to bed early. I think that is our plan for every night this week. Erik woke up this morning with a cold, so I'm wondering if he is getting sick. Well, if so, I'm going to send him to the doctor asap for meds.

So, our house is one full of viruses and medication! Lucky us! But there is a light at the end of the tunnel and we are on our way there!

Hope everyone is doing well!
Love, Andrea

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are glad to hear that everything is okay over there! When I got home from my game tonight, Justin said that you had to call the ambulance for Holly the other night. I instantly froze up and was very glad to see that you blogged so that I could get instant reassurance that everything was okay. WOW. I wish I had some more free time available to help you and Erik out so that you guys could catch up on some rest. We miss you guys, hang in there and we hope to see you soon.

The Thielke's

Oh yeah, what is your plan for Friday daycare? Bum deal :(