Welcome to The Johnson Family Blog

Welcome to Team Johnson's adventures! We hope to keep you up to date on our life & our adventures through this Blog. PLEASE leave a comment as we love to hear what you think! Thank you all!


Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Myles goes to Kindergarten

Well..... the day has come. Myles started school today. Erik and I are both happy for him, and sad for us. The past 5.5 years has gone both fast and slow all at the same time. I know Myles is ready for school, and I'm ready for him to go to school, but I can't help but be a little sad about it. Sigh. Last night Myles was very excited as we picked out his clothes and got his backpack ready for Tuesday morning. And then this morning he was in high spirits as he got ready for school. Holly had a hard time going to daycare without her brother. She clung to me and cried. Poor girl! But when I got home, we took some pictures of Myles and got into the car to go to school. Erik and I drove him today, so that we could experience just a small part of what will be the next 13 years of his life! He did wonderful - only one small moment of hesitation. Other wise he jumped right in.

I will miss him today - weird since I've been a working Mom and typically can't spend the day with him during the week. But it is different today, so I'm sure I'll think about him all day. I can't wait to hear all about his first day and the friends he makes!

Congrats Myles! We love you and are so proud of you!
Mommy


Picture of his backpack and shoes waiting by the stairs.


Myles poses for his picture. He is such a big kid, but looks so small with that giant backpack on him!

Doesn't he look cute?

Daddy and Myles

Mommy & Myles

Myles wanted to do a silly face picture. He is so goofy!

This was Myles's idea - so he paused and posed for a pic of him getting into the car.

Myles enthusiastically heading into school!
.
Here we are at the doors of school - there's no heading back now!

Walking down the hallway towards the Adventures plus room. That is where he will be until school starts shortly after 9:00 am.

The kids had to line up their backpacks. Hope he remembers his is the red & grey one!

This was his moment of hesitation. But Daddy helped him get through it.

I had to go take a picture of his classroom. I asked him if he remembered what room number he goes to, and he actually did! Good memory Myles!

The kids got to choose if they wanted to play inside or outside. Myles wanted to head outside. So the Adventures plus teachers lined the kids up, took names, counted the number of kids, and then they filed out of the room in orderly fashion to go play on the playground. I think this structure will be really good for Myles!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crazy. Such a big boy. It is all a breeze from here on out. :)

GT

Anonymous said...

OK, I still can't believe he's in school! I know he will do very well and will enjoy learning. I won't do so well and will miss him on Fridays! Good luck to my sweet grandson! Love you, Grandma

Keely said...

Great pictures! I can't believe he's in Kindergarten!

keely