Welcome to The Johnson Family Blog

Welcome to Team Johnson's adventures! We hope to keep you up to date on our life & our adventures through this Blog. PLEASE leave a comment as we love to hear what you think! Thank you all!


Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter from the Johnsons!!!

Myles coloring Easter Eggs with Mom on Saturday night

Here is the final product - very colorful!

Easter baskets for the kids - they were happy with what the bunny brought them!

Holly checking out her basket early this morning.

Myles seems happy about his fun Easter basket goodies!


Happy Easter everyone!
Today was a good day! The Holiday fun actually began yesterday (Saturday) when Myles came with me to the store to look for a shirt he could wear to church. He was very helpful and looked at all the tags to find size 5. (It actually was good practice to hunt for specific numbers on a small tag!) Then at night we put Holly down to sleep, while Myles stayed up later to color eggs with Mom. He had a good time and was excited about what they looked like.

My alarm clock went off at 5:00 am so that I could "hop" around and hide 50+ plastic eggs with candy in them. Many were very easy so that Holly could find them as this was her first Easter to participate fully in the egg hunt! The kids woke up around 7:00 am (Yippee! We slept in!!!) and the fun began! The kids ran around and gathered up eggs, and put them in a big basket. They started to eat candy right away - I wasn't going to be that mean Mommy that says no! Heck, I wanted some too! :) They then noticed their Easter baskets and started to check them out. Myles was totally blown away that the Bunny knew he liked Star Wars (weird, huh?) and Holly was most thrilled about the sunglasses and the little wind up hopping baby chick. Guess it doesn't take much to make them happy!

Next it was time to eat and get ready for church. We knew it would be packed at church and we were desperate to get a spot in the "kids are tantruming" area outside the sanctuary. So we got there about 35 minutes early and had great success! The kids looked adorable - Myles in cute brown pants with a short sleeve brown/blue button down shirt, and Holly in the cutest pink Easter dress that I've ever seen (not that I'm bias or anything!). I'm so sad that I never got a chance to take any pictures, but you'll just have to believe me when I say the kids looked perfect! Church went off without any issues. Myles totally played with these 2 other boys while Holly hung out with me.

After church, we went to have lunch in Blaine at my parents house. My sister and her hubbie, along with my Aunt Hilda and Uncle Tim were there. Holly basically didn't nap more then 20 minutes, so there were several (okay... make that tons!) melt downs from our adorable little girl. We ate some tasty Lasagna, fruit, salad, and bread. Later it was cake and ice cream. Basically Erik and I didn't eat dinner tonight because we were so full. Happy... but full!
.
We got back home around 4 pm and just chilled. Played outside a bit, but mostly just hung out. Soon it will be time for bed for the grown ups. I can't wait!!!!!
.
Happy Easter everyone! Hope you had a great one!!
Love, Andrea

No comments: