Welcome to The Johnson Family Blog

Welcome to Team Johnson's adventures! We hope to keep you up to date on our life & our adventures through this Blog. PLEASE leave a comment as we love to hear what you think! Thank you all!


Thursday, March 18, 2010

Just one of those questions

This afternoon I picked Myles up from school, and we were talking on the way home about his day. He had made this little creative guitar from a box, a stick, some rubber bands, and paint. He was very proud of his art project and said that he would keep it to show his children someday. So cute! So I asked him a question, and here is how the conversation went:

"Myles, how many children will you have?"

" I don't know Mommy, maybe one."

"Just one, Myles? Why not more? It is nice to have more so the kids can play together."

"Well, maybe I'll have more... I don't know. I guess so. Will you and Dad have more?"

"No hon, I don't think so. But it would be fun to have another baby!"

"But where would the baby sleep?"

"Maybe the baby would share a room with you or Holly. Or we would use one of the rooms in the basement."

"No, probably not the basement... that just sounds complicated."

"Oh. I didn't know that would be complicated. Well, don't worry Myles, Mom & Dad are done having more children. No more babies in our house."

"Mom?"

"Yes, Myles?"

"How do you get your wife to stop having babies?"

"Uh............... (silence)................ I guess it just happens naturally for some people and other times you have to go to the doctor to make it stop."

(Silence)

"Oh. Okay. Thanks Mom."

This is where I both held in the laughter, and said a silent prayer of thanks that he didn't ask any more questions! Kids can be so cute, funny, and innocent all at the same time! Tonight, it was just one of those questions that make you wonder if they will keep asking....

No comments: