Welcome to The Johnson Family Blog

Welcome to Team Johnson's adventures! We hope to keep you up to date on our life & our adventures through this Blog. PLEASE leave a comment as we love to hear what you think! Thank you all!


Friday, December 25, 2009

We wish you a Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to everyone! Well, this wonderful day has come and gone all to quickly. Now the next one is 365 days away! I better go shopping tomorrow morning! :) So, let me tell you about the day!

The alarm went off at 4 am, so that gifts could go under the tree. That was early. Then at 6 am, Santa rang his jingle bells by the kid's rooms. Nothing. So he rang the bells again. Nothing. After a third time Holly started to call out "Mama, where are you?". Santa rang the bells a total of 6 times before I finally got up and went into Myles's room. I told him that I heard Santa's bells and that he could get up. Myles said he heard them to. I asked why he didn't get up, and he said that he thought Holly was playing with the tree ornaments and didn't want to get up until it was time. How cute is that?

The kids were amazed by all the gifts under the tree and loved their stocking stuffers. They did a good job opening gifts one by one. Then played with them for the next couple hours, before I packed up the family to head over to my parents house.

Santa brought Myles a real snow board this year. He was thrilled, and so is Dad who is already talking about when he can take Myles snow boarding.

Holly enjoyed opening her Santa gifts. She ooo'd and ahhh'd and squealed with each one.

Do you notice a wardrobe change with Holly? The first gift she opened up was one that had a Little Mermaid dress in it. She insisted on wearing it for the next 2 hours. Cute!

Myles with his last gift at the Johnson house. Hope he liked them all!
.
So after we were all set to go, we loaded up the kids into the car, turned on the Christmas music, and headed out into the newly fallen snow to make the 10 mile trek over to my parents to spend the day with them and my siblings & siblings-in-laws. While I was driving along, I hit a patch of ice and plowed the car right into the ditch along the freeway (and facing the wrong way I might add!). Oh joy! Just how every Christmas morning should go! Well, 2 very nice guys in 2 trucks pulled over to help us out. After about 10 minutes of effort, we got the car back onto the highway and facing the correct way! A heart felt THANK YOU to the guys who helped us! Erik then took over the driving and got us safely to my parents.
.
We spent the entire day over there, opening gifts, eating yummy unhealthy food, and spending quality time with the family. It was a wonderful day, and the kids really were pretty good (minus a few little issues throughout the day!).
.
Merry Christmas everyone! It's almost time for bed this evening, and I can't wait! Full night's sleep, here I come!
Love, Andrea


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you guys are okay! Uffda

GT