Welcome to The Johnson Family Blog

Welcome to Team Johnson's adventures! We hope to keep you up to date on our life & our adventures through this Blog. PLEASE leave a comment as we love to hear what you think! Thank you all!


Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve 2009

Well, the kids are all in bed after a very successful Christmas evening! Let me tell you about it:

It all started with early nap time (yeah!). Then I woke Holly up a little after 2 pm and we bathed both of the kids so they would look their best. Holly was excited about her dress because I told her it was a princess dress. It was cute! All of Team Johnson got dressed up and headed out early to church. Thank goodness since it was PACKED! The kids did very well during the long church service - I'm so proud of them! We then came home and I snapped the picture below before we started our evening holiday routine.

My kids looked so cute tonight! I only got a couple pics by the tree and this one was the best. We then put in a holiday movie (Rudolf the red nosed reindeer) while Erik cooked dinner.

While watching the movie I noticed that the kids looked very tired, but cute. So I snapped a few pictures of them just relaxing with the movie.

Myles hanging out while watching the movie.

I hung out with the kids for a bit as Rudolf the red nosed reindeer is one of my favorites from childhood!

So dinner took a little longer to cook than anticipated, so after the movie we let the kids open up their Christmas gifts. It was fun to watch them! They were old enough this year to understand that you take turns opening them up.
Holly was slow to open her gifts, and a few times I had to help get it going. But she really enjoyed herself!

Myles got some good gifts this year. He is really excited about this Uno game - I promised him that we would play it tomorrow.

Myles was a little faster at opening up his gifts. He was very happy that we let him open them up finally, and actually was really enthusiastic when others opened their gifts. I was pleased to see that!
This year Myles got to go shopping at his school - they had something called Santa's Shop, and he bought gifts for each member of his family. Erik got a little tool set, I got a lovely necklace, and Holly got a stuffed animal (a pony). The total for all 3 gifts was $15. Not to bad! He was soooooooooo excited to see me open up my necklace! I think I'll have to wear it for days on end. :)

So dinner was finally cooked, and it was YUMMY! Erik made these tasty crab legs, along with pasta, and great green beans. Myles liked the crab legs, but Holly refused to try them. What was funny was that she covered her ears when Erik and I were cracking open the legs and said it was too loud. Funny little girl!

Holly was super happy to get this little puppy tree house with a mommy puppy & babies. She had a blast playing with them after dinner.

Erik got Myles a star wars video game thing, and had fun showing Myles how to play it. Holly enjoyed watching as well!

After the video games, Erik had to start to put together the lego set that Myles got. This totally reminded me of last year when he had to put together 2 big sets!

We got these cute reindeer antlers from our daycare lady, so I had the boys put them on for a quick picture before bedtime. Don't they look so cute?

Myles with his antlers on.

For some reason Holly didn't want to wear them the normal way. So she had them on over her eyes. Funny little girl!
After this it was bedtime. The kids actually went to bed pretty easy. They were so good today, and I can't wait to see them open up Santa gifts tomorrow morning! It will be so much fun!
Hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas evening!
Love, Andrea


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! Fun pictures of the kids...they are growing up way too fast. Too cute.

Miss yous,

The Thielkes