Welcome to The Johnson Family Blog

Welcome to Team Johnson's adventures! We hope to keep you up to date on our life & our adventures through this Blog. PLEASE leave a comment as we love to hear what you think! Thank you all!


Sunday, June 7, 2009

Rain vs. Garage Sale

With tons of kid clothes cluttering up my storage space, I decided to have a garage sale with a friend of mine. We were hoping for the "sale of the century"! But I have learned that you must alter your hopes and expectations when the weather forecast calls for rain. Because let me tell you.... the rain was more successful than our sales. The kids had a blast - they all came over and played with each other and the babysitters. Jen and I sat in the freezing garage, and greeted the 4 people who came to shop. In the end, after paying for the babysitters, I earned a whopping $2. Amazing! Erik and I are now trying to figure out what to do with our earnings. Since we just got back from vacation, we have decided not to take our $2 and go on a tropical adventure. Getting a new car is out of the question as well (unless we are talking about a cheap toy car!). So I think I'll just bring it with me to work and get 2 sodas with it. Lucky me! Since the amount of money earned was such a shock/surprise, I decided to take a picture to document it.

Behold.... my 2 dollars!


1 comment:

The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

I think you should save your two dollars for the next time you go to a garage sale and get something really nice! ;o}