Welcome to The Johnson Family Blog

Welcome to Team Johnson's adventures! We hope to keep you up to date on our life & our adventures through this Blog. PLEASE leave a comment as we love to hear what you think! Thank you all!


Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's weekend!

What a fantastic weekend this was! Friday evening we went over to my parents with the kids to watch the opening ceremony for the Olympics. I love Olympic time! Bring on the ice skating! The kids got to sleep over night at the Grandparents on Friday, so Erik and I headed back home to finish watching the opening ceremony. It was cool, minus the technical glitch - yikes! We slept in on Saturday, sipped coffee, and then decided to head out to the mall. I did a little shoe shopping and got 2 cute pairs! Next on the agenda was going to the movies. We decided to see Avitar in 3D. Kinda neat, but the 3D isn't really necessary. The movie itself was good, and I'm glad I saw it in the theater. We then headed home to start getting ready for dinner. We had reservations at Restaurant Max in downtown Mpls. We got there early for some drinks and appetizers. The dinner itself was ok - I had a yummy sea bass, but Erik's steak was only so/so. Dinner ran long, but it was great because we were together (sappy, I know, but isn't that what Valentine's day is for?). Sunday morning was about sleeping in and more coffee, before we went to get the kids. They were really good for us today! We hung out together and they played so nicely. After nap time we took them swimming - I think that tuckered them out! They both ate dinner really well (Erik made a roast chicken and it was very yummy!). Then more playing, and finally... bedtime! Hope they sleep well!

Hope everyone had a great Valentine's day! I know we did!

This is me in my little black dress that I wore on my date with Erik.

1 comment:

Jen said...

LOVE the dress!!! Yes, I must borrow it!!!