Welcome to The Johnson Family Blog

Welcome to Team Johnson's adventures! We hope to keep you up to date on our life & our adventures through this Blog. PLEASE leave a comment as we love to hear what you think! Thank you all!


Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving week!

Sorry that it has been so long since I've posted on the blog! What can I say... I've been slacking! :) November was a busy month at work and home seemed to always have something going on. Myles attended his first school friend birthday party - it was cute!

This holiday week has been busy as well. Myles didn't have school on Wednesday, so I decided to have Mommy & Son day. We dropped Holly off at daycare, and then Myles and I spent the whole day together. First we ran to the grocery store, and he helped me get almost all the food we needed to host Thanksgiving at our house. We then headed home so that I could have breakfast and coffee (mmm... yum!). An hour later we took off to go to the Mall of America. Myles loves that place because he loves Lego Land! That is the first place we went when we got there. He brought his wallet, and with a few dollars from me, he was able to buy a little lego set. He was thrilled! We then spent the next several hours walking around the mall. I told Myles he could eat lunch anywhere he wanted. He picked Taco Bell - not what I would have picked!

Thursday morning was house cleaning and cardio time for Erik and I. We had to get ready for the 2 days of feasting! My parents came over in the afternoon, and we served up the traditional thanksgiving meal: Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, salad, green bean casserole, dinner rolls, and wine. Yummy! We were stuffed. But did it all over again on Friday. Cardio in the morning, and then over to my Aunt & Uncles for thanksgiving #2! I have to say, the food was better on Friday! And there were added items of yams and nut pudding. I had 2nds of those! My cousin made pie, so I had that to! The kids were good and had fun playing with their 2nd cousins all evening.

Today is Saturday, and Erik took Myles to hang out again with his 2nd cousins. Tradition says the men get together at my cousin's Man Cave (aka: the garage). Holly and I are hanging out at home - to difficult to bring her to the mall with the ladies since she naps at 1:00 pm. Maybe next year!

Well, in any case, hope you had a great Thanksgiving! Enjoy the attached little video of Erik goofing around with the kids! I think they are loving every second of it!

Andrea

No comments: