Welcome to The Johnson Family Blog

Welcome to Team Johnson's adventures! We hope to keep you up to date on our life & our adventures through this Blog. PLEASE leave a comment as we love to hear what you think! Thank you all!


Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Something amazing has happened....

Erik opening up the Champagne to celebrate!

Mmm... look at that champagne!

I close my eyes, sip the bubbly, and imagine the wonders that will come in the next 4 years!


Happy doesn't even begin to describe the feeling in the Johnson household tonight. Something amazing has happened. The United States of America has elected the first African American man into the highest office in the nation.... President Obama. He will be our 44th elected President. This brings a renewed sense of hope for change and prosperity in the country. As I watch McCain's speech, I am proud of the respect he shows for his opponent, and sincerely hope that it helps to get people behind the newest President. And I was utterly amazed at the profound words spoken by President-Elect Obama during his speech. This is a man that can unify our nation and restore our country's good name. I am proud that Erik and I were able to cast our vote today, and proud to be an American. This is a great country with a bright future! Congratulations Mr. President!
Andrea

2 comments:

Erik said...

You voted for Obama? :)

Andrea Johnson said...

Yes my dear - I sure did! :) I had to counter your McCain vote! Ha!